Compared with mechanical transmission, electric drive and pneumatic transmission, hydraulic transmission has the following advantages:
1) Hydraulic transmission can realize stepless speed regulation in operation, which is convenient and has a wide range of speed regulation, up to 100:1 ~ 2000:1.
2) : under the same power, the hydraulic transmission device is small in size, light in weight, small in inertia and compact in structure (for example, the weight of the hydraulic motor is only 10-20% of the weight of the motor with the same power), and it can transmit large force or torque.
3) : the hydraulic transmission work is relatively flat and stable, quick response, small impact, and can start, brake and change direction at high speed. The reversing frequency of hydraulic transmission device can reach 500 times per minute of rotary motion and 400-1000 times of reciprocating linear motion.
4) : the control and adjustment of the hydraulic transmission device is relatively simple, the operation is more convenient, labor-saving, and easy to realize automation. Combined with electrical control, it can realize complex sequential movement and remote control.
5) : the hydraulic transmission device is easy to realize overload protection, the system is overloaded, and the oil returns to the oil tank through the overflow valve. Due to the use of oil as working medium, it can be self lubricated, so it has a long service life.
6) Hydraulic transmission is easy to realize serialization, standardization, generalization, easy design, manufacture and popularization.
7) Hydraulic transmission is easy to realize rotary and linear motion, and the arrangement of components is flexible.
8) : in hydraulic transmission, the heat generated by power loss can be taken away by flowing oil, so excessive temperature rise can be avoided in some parts of the system.